Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 28, 2013

Ola!
 
Ontem,  nosso Instrutor Irmao Ramalho disse que nos nao podemos falar ingles para as proximas dois semanas!!! When he said that we were all just silent.  He made us sign a pact to not speak English at ANY time, and it was kind of sad because we all love each other so much but at the same it it's really going to help us learn fast and will help us focus all the time.  So far I've been doing pretty good but it's really sad for the people who are struggling with the language.  We ate a lot of chocolate so we wouldn't be as sad.  One sister hasn't even been trying at all which is super weird.  She just refuses to speak and it's really sad.. she keeps saying she'll learn in the feild but everyone's worried about her attitude.  The spirit will posses you then!!  Haha that's what I've been feeling about the CTM, if I don't learn to work hard here, I'll just keep coming up with excuses to be lazy.

It's been a really good week!  We have so much fun and I just love Brasil and Brasilheros!!  That's so exciting that Wyatt's coming today, he's not here yet but it's always a big deal when Americans come.  The week ahead of us only had one Sister and Three Elders so they actually let her be companions WITH ELDERS.  How weird is that??  I feel bad for her.  She came from Provo and was in a trio of Sisters but when they left they put her with the Elders in her level. 
 
Today we went to the Sao Paulo temple again and we met our Instructor Irmao Allan's cute pregnant wife.  They are the cutest people I have ever met.  I never knew Brasilians could be ginger... it's a really diverse place.  I couldn't understand much of what she was saying but Irmao Allan kept telling us to ask her questions and it was realy funny.  Haha we have been looking forward to meeting her since got here.. 

This week we got to walk 30 minutes away from the CTM and hand out Books of Mormon.  I seriously am so lucky to be serving here.  It was the scariest thing ever but after the first person you realize that these people really love that you want to talk to them and that you have a free book for them.  All you have to say is "de graca!!" and they take it.  But it really is cool to be able to bear my testimony to strangers in Portuguese and they understand me.  A couple of the peopel just lit up when we spoke with them. 

I forgot to tell you we now get broadcasts from Provo for the first time ever.  The first one was 2 weeks ago with Richard G Scott and there's another one tonight.  Usually we just watch old devotionals.  No apostles have been here, it's kind of a rarity if you're not in Provo.  There are a lot more MTC's than I thought!! 

So I got a solo!!  haha I think I was the only one who auditioned but I'm going to sing "Be Still My Soul" in Portuguese this Sunday for our Sunday devotional!

The Longmont missionaries are so spoiled!!! I wish I got to live in a house like ours. I showed my teacher a picture of the pets and just from seeing our door he was all "you must be rich!!"  Remember how blessed you are!  After meeting all these Senior couples serving here in the CTM I can definitely see you guys doing that.  They're all people who served in Brasil in the 1960's and Dad would probably find someone he knows!  I haven't met anyone as old as Dad though ;)  Te amo muito meu querido Papai!

 I love you guys so much and I encourage you to get active in missionary work whenever you can!!!  I love being a missionary and I know the Savior's love is helping me every day.  I love the Savior and I love His gospel!!
 
Com muito amor,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment