Thursday, September 18, 2014

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sister Cavalcanti and Sister Moore in Santa Rita, Brazil


Querida família,
I get to stay in Santa Rita with Sister Cavalcanti and the majority of my companions are going home tomorrow; Sister Seal, Sciammarella and Sister Johnson.  Three awesome missionaries.
The biggest tender mercy this week was for sure getting to work with Sister Sciammarella again for one day in her area in her last week.  She is so full of the Spirit and loves beings a missionary.  We really became like actual sisters, and I forgot how great it was to just laugh and quote movies in English and talk about some normal people things.  Being best friends with your companion is EVERYTHING.  I really needed to remember how that was and realize that I need to learn to relax and have balance in all things.  It was just a great day, talking about everything and teaching together again!

A is going to bet baptized on Sunday!  We´re still working with his mom who hasn´t gone to church yet, and it seems a little like she might be running from us now... just gotta grab my running shoes and baptize these families.  But A is reading the Book of Mormon and circling things he doesn´t understand.  We explained the restoration in terms of soccer; God is the coach, the prophet is the captain, the players are the apostles and the ball is the priesthood.  It´s working out great and the analogy is even working for explaining the commandments. 
I lost my voice this week which was awful and EVERYONE is telling me all the different things I need to do and medicine I need to take and how I can´t work in the sun and I need to go home and not to go in the rain.  It´s a Brasilian thing... But I can talk again, it´s just a little like a boy going through puberty.  Crying repentance is hard on the voice I guess ;)
Keep praying for J... we´re not quite sure what happened yet with him but he didn´t go to church and might not be telling the truth.  His sister is a pastor and lives on the same street but that didn´t seem to be making a difference. 
But it´s all good.  The church is true.  When people choose to stop progressing, you don´t lose anything, only they do.  I know Jesus Christ is at the center of missionary work.  He goes before us and shows us the way.  Just remember Him.  I know the atonement is real whether we accept it fully or not.  I love my Savior.
I love you all so much!  Have a great week!
Com todo meu coração,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment